Chiropractic Care in Beverly Hills
Chiropractic Adjustment: Spinal and Extremities. A low force non-invasive maneuver designed to realign the joints. Proper alignment of the affected joint (articulation) aids in pain reduction and helps maintain joint integrity.
- Active - Patient assists by contracting affected muscle. Dr. Stewart will use specific techniques to help stretch and elongate the muscles.
- Passive - Patient relaxes while Dr. Stewart moves affected joint through allowable range of motion. Specific techniques are used during the movement to relieve trigger point pain and relieve muscle tightness and spasms.
- Ultrasound - High frequency sound waves are applied to affected muscles penetrating deep into their fibers bringing soothing warmth and fresh blood to the injured area in order to help speed up the healing process.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation - Light electrical impulses are applied to the skin of affected area. The strength of the electrical impulse is determined by the patient. The impulse will cause muscles to contract rapidly and fatiguing the affected muscle fibers. Fatigued muscles will relax and therefore help to reduce inflammation and relieve tight or spasmed muscles.
- Myofacial Release - Dr. Stewart's technique helps reduce pain caused by connective tissue adhesions. Helping to break down adhesions and promote the proper orientation of connective fibers during the body's healing process.
Dr. Richard Stewart Chiropractic